Saturday, January 30, 2010

Why Are You So Unobservant?

"Notice anything different?"
That phrase strikes terror in the hearts of most men. Where? What? Who? This is our house, right? My chair is still here, stains and all. I love that chair. TV is still hanging there. That was a snap putting that sucker up there, all 84 inches of her. Good thing I had those 8" lag bolts. I love that TV. Fridge is running. It took a long time to find that fridge. No drawers in it. Three full bottle-height shelves. I love that fridge!
"Aw come on. This is a stupid game. I don't notice anything new or different. Just tell me."
"No. Just one guess."
"OK. You finally got rid of the Velvet Elvis?"
"That's been gone for years! Try again."
"You said one guess."
"Just one more."
"You cleaned out the dryer lint filter."
"Nooooo! "
"I repainted the house."
"Oh yah. Any beer? Game's on."

Only one other question is more terrifying. "Notice anything different about ME?" You really should try to find out what brought this on. How unobservant and inattentive have you been that she would come out with that? There's almost no defense. You could try, "You've lost weight." But if she hasn't she'll hurt you with, "So you think I need to lose weight?" About the only thing left for you is, "Do you suppose the indigestion and pain in my chest has anything to do with my sore left arm?" That will give you the whole length of the ambulance ride to try to figure out what to say.

1 comment:

  1. She's got you where she wants you .. yay Holly.

    Perfect... the live journal connection worked.

    ReplyDelete